It doesn’t take Sherlock Holmes to find out that I love a good lip product. Lips are an area of my makeup that I like to get creative with. I love seeing how different shades can change up a look, and instantly brighten up the face. And a swipe of lipstick can easily turn a simple jeans-and-tee combo into something that looks classy, without trying too hard.
If you, like myself, are also very fair- don’t worry. I’ve got your back in the lipstick game. 😉 You’ll find that these shades are all very complimentary on fair skin.
Fall is one of my favorite seasons for many reasons… one of which happens to be that lipstick shades get deeper and bolder.
I’m so looking forward to pulling out all my reds, browns, and berries!
These are a few of my go-to shades for fall:
1. Maybelline Creamy Mattes in Touch of Spice – Touch of Spice is a rosy brown that is perfect for everyday. Because of its neutral tones, it will suit anyone. This lasts really well throughout the day. And is super comfortable for a matte lipstick!
2. L’Oréal Colour Riche in Spice – A deep nuetral brown shade. I picked this shade up because I wanted to try out a darker brown. At first, I wasn’t sure I could pull this off, with my skin being so fair, but I found it to be quite a wearable brown. It’s also very moisturizing and comfortable to wear.
3. Rimmel London Lasting Finish in 47 – A warm marsala nude color. This lipstick glides on buttery smooth, and has a pleasant fruity scent, which I personally quite enjoy. This is a lovely deeper nude for me. (If you’re unable to find it, Sandstorm by Wet n Wild is a good color dupe for it. It just has more of a matte finish.)
4. Wet n Wild Silk Finish Lipstick in Mink Brown – This is such a gorgeous shade of rich chocolate brown that is perfect for fall. It has undeniable ’90s vibes which is really “in” right now. It’s creamy on the lips and has great pigmentation. And for under a dollar, it’s the perfect budget pick. Definitely a great option for dipping your toes in the brown lipstick trend, without breaking the bank!
5. Maybelline Creamy Mattes in Divine Wine – This is a burgundy-red lipstick with neutral tones. It’s a flattering contrast with fair skin, and is so fitting for fall and winter wear. It’s also a beautiful shade for the holiday season. And it lasts really well with minimal touch-ups.
(Pro-tip: With darker shades especially, it’s important to make sure you avoid getting lipstick all over your teeth. To help prevent this travesty, I use a handy little trick. Simply place your index finger in your mouth and close your lips around it, then pull it out. This removes any excess lipstick from inside your lips.)
Which shade was your favorite?